HEALTH, SAFE TY AND ENVIRONMENT
ATLANTIC GREASE & LUBRICANTS produces a wide variety of lubricating oils and greases for a large number of appliction. The potential hazards and the recommended methods of handling may differ to some extent with each type. Consequently. advice on such hazards and on the appropriate precautions. use of protective clothing. First Aid and other information is given in the Health Safety and Enviromenlal data provided in the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs) complied for the individual products. in the event of accident or
misuse of products, these sheets provide guidance on remedial action that should be taken to deal with medical conditions that might arise. and information on spillage and disposal is included.
To obtain Atlantic Lubricants MSDSs Please refer to ATLANTC GREASE & LUBRICANTS Technical Helgline:
Where good standards of personal and industrial hygiene are observed. the great majority of lubricants
present little or no hazard to the user; Key factors for their safe handling are as follows:
- Employ working methods and equipment that minimize skin contact with lubricants.
- Avoid unnecessary handling of oily components.
- Use only disposable wipes
- Never put oily rags or oily tools into pockets of overalls or working clothes.
- Use soluble metal cutting oils or synthetic fluids at their recommended dilutions only and avoid skin
- contact with their ‘ concentrates
- it Obtain First Aid treatment for any injury. however slight.
- All staff should make themselves familiar with the contents of the MSDS’s
- Fit effective and properly positioned splash guards on machine tools where appropriate.
- Adequate washing facilities.
- Regular provision of clean protective clothing. gloves goggles and cleaning rags.
- All workplaces should have clear signs indicating features such as tire exits and precautions such as no smoking.
- All staff should make themselves familiar with fire precautions and methods of fighting fire.
Material Safety Data Sheets and the Health Safety and Environmental information contained in them are considered to be accurate as of the date stated on them .However. no warranty or representation, express or implied is made as to the accuracy or completeness of the data and information contained in any data sheet. It is the user’s obligation to evaluate and use all products safely and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. No statement made in any data sheet shall be construed as a permission. recommendation or
authorization given or implied to practice any patented invention without a valid license.
ATLANTIC GREASE 8. LUBRICANTS shall not be responsible for any damage or injury resulting from abnormal use of the material, from any failure to adhere to recommendations, or from any hazards inherent in the nature of the material.